[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2013-12-3 08:48:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Hi Coco,: X3 {f. o3 \: A1 |! g
4 A4 s4 p( t7 w9 C6 c) d& x- J1 YGood news, I got a phone call today from the managing director and he told me that they are happy to offer me the job as an Assistant Finance Officer. He told me that I can start from next week.
) E) J8 A' J, E6 P" j3 F" l# C4 b( h# c5 u# c
I applied for the job through seek and was invited to the interview by a phone call after few weeks, I only had a one round interview with two managers. Interview lasted for about an hour and the questions wereall Behavioral type.1 y! w8 k. n3 l
& v( ^8 aZ) F: q: A8 w
The Questions were very similar as the interview questions we covered in Interview class and they helped me a lot to answer the questions fluently and helped me to be very confident.
! c- v! b7 @7 ?1 A3 ~9 p) s, I
8 {9 U3 D) n/ cAt the end of the interview I asked them few questions and tried to leave a good impression by saying that I am very interested in the role and keen to work for your company.- z9 u6 ^: N+ ~8 ^1 N% w) I* ]L0 P' t
& J4 |- I0 l! q. `
Another important thing which helped me to get the job was that when I came home after the interview I send an email to both interviewers to thank for the interview. In my letter I tried to pick up the most important point about the role and the company and wrote about it by saying "I have a real interest in this area of work. Being the environment of the job very fast pasted made me more interested in the role. I believe my hard working personality would certainly enable me to make a valuable contribution to your Company."
/ z1 f# |6 @7 ^3 K7 |3 r$ A) ]# Y. t2 _& Z$ K) J" @) r4 M- X* X4 }
I would recommend all the trainees to apply the last point during their interview process which would really push one step forward then other candidates.
3 b$ H% ~5 T* i1 F' W$ N$ g* ^# f7 C
This is pretty much about my interview experience.8 q- ^2 k9 bj. k% u* H5 p
' J* c; u3 l. |0 s5 A
Thank you Coco for all your professional help and support during the training and after the training which really helped me to get this job.
& _) k) E. ^7 g5 s, |1 c1 S5 @; M+ k& E! R1 s1 G
With Kind Regards,
" @- b' U2 k: r! K/ Y3 c+ Z2 O" P9 }' ]! \$ n% X- K9 f, p
Zane/ q9 i& e( L2 K! \1 a; B

上一篇:Melbourne 性格与沟通 免费实用心理学讲座
下一篇:求7年级课本

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2013-12-7 08:50:00 | 显示全部楼层
I would like to personally thank you for helping me out with my position as a Payroll Officer at this Drivers recruitment company. I wish to tell you that you guys are amazing and that this internship worked wonders on preparing me for the interview as well as the job. So thanks a trillion again. :)
4 n3 o1 I% o! y2 ?2 C8 L$ t 1 I! |% g, Y! C. p
About this Drivers recruitment company, its a medium sized company dealing with recruitment of commercial truck drivers carrying various grades of licenses. The head office is located in Brisbane at Underwood where the main operations, IT, technical, Payroll and Accounts are based. I am in the payroll division as a Payroll Officer and closely work with the Accounts payable Officer, Senior Accountant and Operations Manager.
5 r9 x* a6 |' @% _
; i9 h6 v" x1 g- XThe job description for a new comer like myself is to first familiarize with the system which is an in house developed software called DriverPop that is comprehensive and quite user friendly. I won't shy away from saying that it is very different from Myob and to get used to it takes quite a bit of time, but once the flow is reached, it becomes easier. The tasks are on time constrained and everyday the work is cut out for me like every other job.2 M, ]0 J; k' I5 l

9 _q$ Z! n8 q4 M* [0 D9 ~+ HThe interview was informal and brief with generic and behavioral questions like why would you like to be in this job? how do you behave in a conflict environment? Would you consider yourself to be detail oriented person? etc. The answers are not definitive and they differ from person to person. My mantra was not to say yes to everything, but mix a largely positive answer with a bit of negative so that they can understand that you are not perfect but are willing to learn. For eg: The interviewer asked me that what was the most negative aspect about myself? and I said "Confidence". It was the truth but also the right answer because I would like to sharpen my confidence and people skills more. My questions were not very much accounting based but even generic questions can be the decisive factor. * M+ Z+ L2 S]) O! z

2 d/ G4 Hl/ K! o6 U4 B. k' i( FLastly, I would like to wish you all the very best for future prospects and again, a tremendous thanks to Selena especially for everything. :)
: X" b- w4 }0 ~1 P) X* k/ Q0 S1 e ' m% M* I3 I& O
Take care and best regards,1 B/ `6 z8 j! D0 N0 G8 [9 x4 G7 V
Sumona
. C1 ^! J4 v5 ]9 ]8 H, Q. R
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2013-12-9 11:42:00 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Coco, Yolanda and Jeff,% k6 `. ]; _- `# f( |$ n. T2 ?
Hope you are well. I have already got the offer from one of the bid four accounting firm and will start work next Monday. Thanks for your professional training course, which is useful for job seeking especially in commercial environment. Also, I would like to thank Jeff and Yolanda. They are always nice and try to help me to solve problems. Jeff’s interview course was fantastic and covered most behaviour questions.Here are some questions I summarized from my interview as follow:6 _- m1 Z* o% CW
1.    Introduce your self! J+ }4 P9 ^. V6 O5 B% E& J$ U. {& H
2.    Introduce your study experience
2 a# z" D+ i! B: K6 S6 ?# U3.    Introduce the internal control audit process
) d. ?; Z! Y( N) `( `9 A+ C]5 G4.    Describe the challenge you met in your work.& z. E* d: ~* U! J) n4 g
5.    If you are an auditor, how to audit the payroll process?
1 p. k! p% Z; L/ @6.    What are the audit risks we need to consider?
2 V5 @/ @: u* }0 P" Y7.    Tell me about the situation you met the strict deadline.5 L% r* v' u, B* y7 i% s5 @* `
8.    How can you make sure your accounting and auditing knowledge are updated?
: g+ ?0 g0 h2 v! }9.    How to deal with the large financial data?6 u2 L@' q; b1 ~1 x
10.    If you find some weakness in internal control, how can you deal with this?
x! j; x0 I# [: ?11.    If you find the staff over use the entertainment card, how to deal with this issue?
+ v9 X! z: m% [8 am8 |6 SI hope the above interview questions could help the others in their interview.Thanks again for your kind help!
$ @$ h: F9 F6 A! oa1 Q" }0 ]Cheers9 W@/ K) F# p, d
Katie* o8 `/ M6 |9 U4 }! m3 Q
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2013-12-23 08:36:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Coco, Jeff and Jane,' @2 I2 y0 y8 n
5 _9 q* G5 G?+ [% g" M
# h+ c' l9 q+ s7 t; o3 aI am happy to let you know that I have been able to secure a position of Bookkeeper with a 1 ~; [6 {) s" p
4 o3 G$ k! \* Q& x; S
transport & logistics company in. It has been a tough battle for me getting through1 t! m, L: c: I. l
) b/ Y# Q; B: ?# Vthe interview process and finally get the appointment letter.
' x9 }9 o( p; Y6 h( w
8 _/ J4 F' b! }! {! _8 i$ U& OEven though the position says Bookkeeper, the responsibilities actually involves that of the Assistant Accountant.$ y5 R1 p' H% ]/ D5 {7 L( u' y
2 |6 t! p) \4 G! j& hh. mFor example I am also responsible for processing Payroll, Lodging BAS and preparing end of month journals6 d]' c6 }4 E7 n" M
. M. ?x. H2 N6 B6 T$ y, apart from A/P , A/R and Recoonciliations. ; E! B9 q1 _3 v- L
- x& A' ?6 Q7 V# n9 u' T8 _
My traininghas been the key to getting this job. Right from building a professional resume to the job hunting8 b+ uT( ]- z- c, C
! Q/ l* W" }sand interview process , it's all about having solid structure, which has been provided like Coco mentioned,& N5 A# R1 s# zV; H( a9 t$ G1 }
( W# n/ i5 SM3 Mw6 q! Z
its immensly important that you keep records of the jobs you have been applying, so when you get called for interview
; T* g- l0 c$ B* s( a6 K( ]! L" C! B& n5 B. G3 ~! T
you know which one it is.
' F" }) N- tW' X+ ^( \' b
8 u& Pn; r1 |
% y. i! G7 g8 u3 n+ b% _3 a2 z( F! I$ {% V
Few things that I want to share from my experience that may be of help to other interns;
9 ]5 D" p- P+ H: K4 D/ z" Q5 M4 c( M2 Z' K% I2 _' }, D
Keep records of job you apply and check if you get response.
: H2 I/ @9 c9 @! ~5 J- b, z
: |9 b# @6 O* H, a8 K* O) uDont only count on Seek and Career one, try all different sorts of, like I got this job from daily telegraph.; U. S$ s* a6 \0 E+ e# R' w/ Q" i
i8 m; N$ X3 ?" [' B5 _
Make sure the jobs you are applying are within a reasonable travelling distance from you.' F`7 R+ oG0 M& h
: ]5 {% u, Q% G( g! [/ E
8 r; {+ F* m8 h# j2 ZI hope this helps. All the best to you all
1 |7 q: [; H3 V" b2 h
# va* T5 a5 a& }0 O. XGyalzen + h( \) ^0 U' n' L9 M5 c0 Y8 X
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-6 09:11:00 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Cindy and Coco,
. Y* e/ g8 B) ]I would like to inform you that I have been offered a full-time “Accounting and Admin” position in a consultancy firm in Parramatta. I like to take this opportunity to thank Cindy and Coco who has assured me on-job assistant that I may need to get started with this job. My internship with Bly Accounting helped me get back into main stream accounting stream. ( J1 {+ N, V% ~7 H: d
In order to offer tips and encouragement to my fellow colleagues, I would like to share with you some of the details of this job interview.
" C+ zs, @9 {; y' E! nSome of the questions asked by the interview panel are as below:5 a- H' R8 K' b
1.  After exchanging greeting, I was asked to introduce your self
8 e9 tJ* W1 t4 g, a5 X) K& s$ L2.   What do you expect to do in this job?
$ q3 x& B! G) r; f$ [( y3.   Do you think you can contribute and design an accounting system if you were our first accountant.
& o( Y) Y, I; o" J4.  Have you anytime participated in reconstruction of accounting system. ( my 4.5 years of overseas work experience with a chartered accounting firm came handy)& i/ T3 p/ M" v, A% q5 _
5.   How efficient are you in the use of MYOB.
1 |3 s* a' D/ b3 g0 S! m* _(Ans: Although I have used numerous accounting softwares overseas, I have limited exposure with MYOB. But I am fairly confident of handling it since I have strong accounting fundamentals and competent computer literacy.)) K- s( Z" v) Z! W+ v/ y
In fact I am banking on Cindy and Coco who has assured me to help me with MYOB accounting entries on some of business transaction I would need to work on the job.
0 k# p; s0 }. a% Q + W% V4 m7 r6 h* z: \& U! U
I wish all the best to all and thank Cindy and Coco for providing assistant and confidence. / t+ \& c# ]$ `
Regards,3 Q5 h0 }% R% a/ h1 [
Samir Haldankar
& \Y7 ~' T5 \7 q3 L5 c
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-13 08:16:00 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Yolanda# `7 `9 p! ]! w# F2 L& e
) A1 t- S- ?6 o( E/ b* B/ [+ bQ, z
I had an informal interview as the company is very small at the stage and they are
4 q2 i1 E3 A* E
- X7 m7 }' ~& S7 z/ U& V6 @more focusing on the candidates' personality.L: iV: ?/ X# [
1 \" }* U5 I' c3 B
During the interview, the very fundamental and key issue he was concerning about 1 M$ u" n+ s4 e{0 ^
) e8 w- f% l5 d, A) ]is whether my believes match their believes. So he spent most of the time
9 R2 u$ Y$ T" @. o; C; Q) J
b& C; m& \5 [% s: K8 K3 f" `* x" texplaining his company background, his mission and vision. (As an immigration " G! j- pU% K. k* P) r, _6 s
7 }) e+ k. ^3 [# Z) L$ o3 [0 R
agency, his core value is to help his clients in every way he can, instead of seeking
1 T! y7 _( C2 J6 z0 d9 E" W9 e0 F1 I/ D! t: A) e( k
for the highest commissions.) After I showed my interest, the second thing he
, V2 ?7 `( R5 [: c
5 a- ^* T( y4 gtalked about is my commitment, in another words, would I work for him for at least 2
6 H# mM. r( j], c7 L5 c7 j; s9 Q4 H. [- u
years.
, `. }$ p; O0 S9 W5 e! `
- M, r. V- j" c0 C6 Z0 ZSo, for me, I believe individuals' personality matters, after the interview, I concluded 1 Y( b/ W+ J1 C: _{% R: G
' L, ^) x. ?- j: C& \. Q' K/ Qthat the key characteristics he want his employees to have are honesty, integrity,
' [0 H4 k6 h7 W3 x; R; |
* m; y( X2 f# N, P- `loyalty, desire to learn,confidentiality and responsibility. Also, it is important to / ?* O/ c" d2 a" q- Y
) @3 Q& l3 F/ C5 i+ x8 Nunderstand the company's background, mission and vision, and ask yourself 2 D3 M9 N& O" A- C# [
6 s& I# G, u8 H" ]8 v+ Rwhether you agree with them and have the desire to help the company to reach 3 I- z5 T6 e. M0 p, Z' c
9 `2 m# I: i4 U/ h) [" \their goal if you consider to work for them for a long time. ( s/ R7 P9 ~) Z6 Q1 k: L
) L9 @$ l8 O" v3 _$ f& a
Last but not least, it is very good to have someone to give you a reference. I was & Y7 H# [/ R9 U$ C7 U
6 X0 h" v% n4 |4 qrefereed by the HR manager of my school. My boss got most of the information
' U: M% f( e/ b5 ?4 ?7 Q9 {' I2 F! h1 z1 ~
about me from him.
9 H" j1 s* Za7 M) u
4 y- R3 [3 y7 z+ w9 K2 V8 L% wI wish it helps. 2 p' A/ I8 q0 B
8 t$ M( S1 s* l9 b9 M0 y) S
Best wishes
* J. C" w[7 P9 G5 B
& E5 h4 T6 Z# s7 u9 V. y. X' q5 T$ lIrene
7 e/ x0 Z# p0 ^p3 r$ |! E
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-16 15:36:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Selina,/ H. C4 a# ~" {* H& o
1 d7 Y; }' @2 [" d, p( G$ f
How are you? How is things? About my work experience recognition. Coco, after hearing my situation, offered her help. " a8 q7 u1 [% z! g; c
' P# ?* g/ kU6 K( e9 u
I was on holiday and came back last week. Recently I started working in small organisation as a Accounts Assistant Part Time. Due to the size of the company it is only few hours job per week. However I keep applying and I am getting some responses. Hope I will land in the right role soon. I am getting excited because joining level 1 training and internship was a made these changes.
6 Wf- v5 z& }4 ^/ b9 q# F+ j; \) X6 }+ h9 O; @
One more news that I passed another 2 segments of CPA professional level, FRM and taxation with distinction. ! D5 L& C8 N# o0 g6 l: H
. L1 P2 g( B* \' |& @Kind Regards,, Z( C5 L* Q4 `* o: y( Y2 q
Shajan
- J- |. s! P3 g! D# W" u
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-20 08:32:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Selina,/ Y$ I* W; q) F7 |
I've just received the job offer from the company this afternoon and I really appreciate your help.
; M7 }4 Q5 H) B4 H6 r1 ^The job I'm applying for is Data Entry and Contract Management. I think the reason I got the interview is thank to what I have learnt from Premier Accounting. I put internship descriptions in my resume and it becomes more attractive to employer. There was two interviewers, one was accountant and the other was manager/director of company. They asked me questions below:
$ E0 [% V9 w! n* a3 x& \- Tell us about yourself and what can you offer to the company, I1 L& ~0 O1 c' v* E
- What are your 3 best qualities3 R# E+ j: z; @5 a
- What is your dream job/ What do you want to become in the future9 e# M6 W, L+ C) e
- What make you want to be an accountant (although it's not position I'm applying for)( |: M7 ~$ W3 ~' j
- What did you not like about your last job/internships' o; g& l9 @6 l4 D) M: X5 Hw- b
- What did you learn during your internship
8 n1 \R* H! t& fag- How can you demonstrate your willingness to learn...
& f! x, t" j' N; V; qAfter that they tested my excel skills and asked me to write a short email (dealing with an angry customer) just to test my written English. ) V9 N, E+ I* Q, g

7 j/ e& V+ ~5 VThis is just a start for me since I am aiming for the position of assistant accountant. Of course I will take this job seriously but I will also keep trying until I got that position.3 U3 F0 T% Q: u# U; S- q+ ]
Once again, thank you for the reference check and I'm grateful that I did the training course with you, Coco and everyone else in Premier Accounting.; @8 n; x1 X* ^
Kind regards,
1 J" d( {! Q/ M7 D2 ~Hannah ! I8 L& X( ?7 \p, D" c7 P
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-23 08:30:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Yolanda,0 s- NH" {m6 m8 `1 M
# H" d# D- J( J: R- D/ L|
I have good news. :)
; ]2 m, b- @* f6 |# a: k6 o4 b
0 m4 C# D) it9 o. q' gI got a job as a Management(Cost) Accountant. The training I had at Bly Accounting gave me so much confidence at the interview and I learnt a lot about book keeping, Tax and MYOB at Bly. I wouldn't have been confident enough to face the interview if I didn't know anything about GST or payroll or BAS. And also the interview board was impressed that I was doing an internship rather than staying at home. :)
9 h) Q# o8 e3 T) |& N" i, k/ v/ Q2 Q9 k& j2 g. A- R4 T
I am sure what I did at Bly would be useful when I start my job next month. Also, maybe because of my previous overseas SAP working experience and CPA qualification, I was lucky enough to working in this type of large listed Company again.9 [* d; Q0 O" s) q
& r2 P7 h: k( [2 y0 u$ q. gr
Yolanda, I would really like to thank you, Jeff, Humam and Amy for the support you guys been given me during the training and Internships. You all were eager to answer any question any time. And all the best for Bly Accounting. 3 b2 U- R6 ?( Y: P
! y6 z( A$ a* p9 G% z9 l, SYou are doing a great job and I would recommend anyone to start their career with you guys.$ Y4 y7 G- w- b
1 ^/ ]5 {7 C7 h& J+ D/ jw7 H( ?& N# m% T$ B6 B+ t
Warm regards,
/ k! A" i. P0 j8 RKumudu
$ Vk. ?2 R: wH1 ?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-25 11:04:00 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Yolanda, Coco, Jeff and the team4 ^+ j3 S) ]7 J- e
8 e# d6 L; H1 u8 U( d5 ]/ x. U
I am glad to say that I am placed by L***** University, as Assistant Accountant Research on 7th Nov 2013. This is a significant achievement, and I thank you all for your hard working efforts in achieving my goal.0 m% mM; G8 R& `

! u+ D3 F7 O& Q+ m( t. k5 } I wish to thank Yolanda again for your invaluable support, friendship, transparency and patience in preparing and conducting the training and internship program. I Thank Jeff for the interview guide which has helped me face the interview confidently. I would like to Thank Coco for the excellent Tax training I received, both the contents and standard of delivery was wonderful.$ ~4 p^: l% ?9 t/ W5 u8 c4 D
I like to thank Humam and Amy for helping me all the time. It has been great working with you all! Thank you very much for all your help and support!..
% \% }* u4 {1 n7 K% L) O / b: B! R6 c' RP, s: E0 m
Thanks
6 d8 p7 @2 j* V0 ?) h( a; K " J, W6 I& i0 E& r! i5 r+ a
Rolna Saldanha
/ X`6 g4 ]9 D- a! o$ }N9 \
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 返回顶部 返回列表