积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2013-12-23 08:30:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 blyaccount 于 2013-12-23 08:32 编辑
6 G0 y1 |) a1 g. H
( R1 |$ W9 D2 K* s3 Z7 [& yHi Coco, Jeff and Jane,1 M/ Y5 W6 J0 @; H; Q+ h
% m3 d( p" W, s3 n; Y$ lQ$ g* l/ e

B5 ]: i- I4 F( Z' FI am happy to let you know that I have been able to secure a position of Bookkeeper with a W6 U: I0 e3 F0 I. L* X

# v5 @& P: T" A6 Z; v! itransport & logistics company in. It has been a tough battle for me getting through# K% p: s2 g0 r9 @7 w

; z! @+ ?2 s" u1 |" {/ fthe interview process and finally get the appointment letter.
! [& E9 T5 c2 i4 i+ u8 g0 _7 h* }* s
( d% u5 w) l, |0 W$ L/ dEven though the position says Bookkeeper, the responsibilities actually involves that of the Assistant Accountant.) G; w$ D! N0 i8 }; Z7 p
7 t+ C* I$ j2 z: z
For example I am also responsible for processing Payroll, Lodging BAS and preparing end of month journals
6 c, w' t- s, N- W5 p ) U% s9 m0 BZ8 @0 H# B" \) N
, apart from A/P , A/R and Recoonciliations. 6 O; I8 W% n$ N- H, T
" P& Z# U4 F1 z& i
My traininghas been the key to getting this job. Right from building a professional resume to the job hunting
! @, i2 a; R& f, Y6 F& |" Dd' }
) s/ L% a8 Ie; k: `" L1 Q! e, Vand interview process , it's all about having solid structure, which has been provided like Coco mentioned,
, Y8 o7 I2 K+ b" b* P) n
) l" Z& M: e/ |9 gits immensly important that you keep records of the jobs you have been applying, so when you get called for interview
) R/ r2 @" N. Q ' b( [5 l& X+ ]O) M" a
you know which one it is.
& b: E# ]' F" y7 x6 L( K8 c$ @ 9 t! ?/ N( n- e$ l' |$ g# w1 q5 e# ?

# P2 ]$ {' ?1 r# a8 T: P$ N+ Z " @o. dj3 a, D$ S
Few things that I want to share from my experience that may be of help to other interns;* F/ V3 o7 D7 p8 X
1 f$ \+ U5 F; b
Keep records of job you apply and check if you get response.0 b! w' B0 ^% H: _! `; t
- `& `- l1 o( V1 O* H
Dont only count on Seek and Career one, try all different sorts of, like I got this job from daily telegraph.
/ M' x: s% z( N% N6 Yh4 s " I& u& t' t; P1 v9 h$ {
Make sure the jobs you are applying are within a reasonable travelling distance from you.& i2 z' u1 ^+ D- H

Q; a3 R/ u" C]0 W) R: l& s
" d. z% K; j5 ~I hope this helps. All the best to you all
% ^7 d& S6 a0 b) \) P; \- x9 R8 Y# }
; j! }, c% g! X4 L; V. gGyalzen
4 f/ ~9 V" z2 A4 b2 Q, w: m( mk! T" K+ w/ Y
u/ H) d% y( W' {+ ?
小提示:
联系我时,请说是在澳洲论坛上看到的,谢谢!
       转载请注明,信息来自: 澳洲论坛

上一篇:子扬新概念英语 第一册第二册 - 12月和1月开新班。。。
下一篇:地毯蒸汽清洁, 退房清洁, 百分百返镑金保证. 专业家庭商业及office清洁

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-6 09:04:00 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Cindy and Coco,; A" T2 ]6 d; X9 I/ T* `) _' m
I would like to inform you that I have been offered a full-time “Accounting and Admin” position in a consultancy firm in Parramatta. I like to take this opportunity to thank Cindy and Coco who has assured me on-job assistant that I may need to get started with this job. My internship with Bly Accounting helped me get back into main stream accounting stream. 9 l! y) M/ o/ o2 f
In order to offer tips and encouragement to my fellow colleagues, I would like to share with you some of the details of this job interview.
0 s) R7 A) W8 [7 ?3 X" USome of the questions asked by the interview panel are as below:
+ q- ~+ i2 P: y* ]; ~4 c& o; N- c& m1.  After exchanging greeting, I was asked to introduce your self
) e- n* h% U; |; _2.   What do you expect to do in this job?" A1 q* S/ uM6 x- u/ m
3.   Do you think you can contribute and design an accounting system if you were our first accountant.
0 k4 K1 B% l9 d3 r. `4.  Have you anytime participated in reconstruction of accounting system. ( my 4.5 years of overseas work experience with a chartered accounting firm came handy)2 d6 [4 |5 a/ |1 L
5.   How efficient are you in the use of MYOB.
; p1 f0 u& Z' E# t" C% b, A(Ans: Although I have used numerous accounting softwares overseas, I have limited exposure with MYOB. But I am fairly confident of handling it since I have strong accounting fundamentals and competent computer literacy.)
/ e. ?! M7 @0 hOIn fact I am banking on Cindy and Coco who has assured me to help me with MYOB accounting entries on some of business transaction I would need to work on the job.
5 b" w' b+ ?5 d9 J. t3 I% K
9 r% \) {" @% x2 [: y& M7 F' u8 G$ qI wish all the best to all and thank Cindy and Coco for providing assistant and confidence.
# h/ P( C9 R0 q8 YRegards,- }8 ^' ?U) z
Samir Haldankar
9 dM2 p8 HD! {) Q, }2 V
小提示:
联系我时,请说是在澳洲论坛上看到的,谢谢!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-12 19:43:00 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 blyaccount 于 2014-1-12 19:44 编辑
8 s- J* W3 O* V6 I" O0 C2 W: r, A3 p2 I* n% E5 s% ~# N
I did my level one training program at Bly Accounting and soon after enrolled for internship program. While I was doing level one program, I did my very best to get all important points across in all the modules. Some modules I did twice to be more familiar with.Meantime, I worked hard on improving my excel skills as well. I think that it very important to have advanced excel skill. I get a lot of helps from Coco on that. Consequently, I finished Internship very easily and very quickly.Then I started to apply jobs and started getting phone interviews. Initially I was a bit hesitant how to respond and then I did an individual interview session with Coco. Then I knew exactly what they expecting from me. After a few disappointment interviews, finally I got a job with SQ after reference check with of Coco.I had to learn SAP and got training in Singapore.Then I joined my current place and now I have to do all my assistant accountant duties as same as which I did in internship. To make it more easily, now I am working with MYOB.I am very thankful to Coco and her well structured Internship program which gives all practical knowledge is needed in job .
小提示:
联系我时,请说是在澳洲论坛上看到的,谢谢!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-13 08:14:00 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Yolanda# ~" S; e" E" T' I2 i! x# [8 g6 M
0 }& M" {3 R8 l3 a5 d. V9 ?3 kI had an informal interview as the company is very small at the stage and they are 5 E+ Q8 G) c; @! o9 I- M
_; Y0 n/ z+ Y. s. T) D! u
more focusing on the candidates' personality.
) U# w* u+ x" m! `/ S( h) b) F( S* O( H8 q) S; L
During the interview, the very fundamental and key issue he was concerning about " ?& z1 B* z" t6 g* Z* l
& m/ l$ x7 A* O9 j: p
is whether my believes match their believes. So he spent most of the time
! ]4 w; @4 l" B% b- S" v. n$ P7 c+ n0 ?* ?
explaining his company background, his mission and vision. (As an immigration 7 L: [- N. D$ h3 y
+ W: ?0 `! D0 H+ m) p! F* {agency, his core value is to help his clients in every way he can, instead of seeking
3 t$ s" b0 _# ~0 F) F; m) B& ?- s/ L* ^, f- M+ \" @
for the highest commissions.) After I showed my interest, the second thing he
2 [% ?& l: y4 b+ K) j. w. h& e1 S
/ C, [9 d3 I+ htalked about is my commitment, in another words, would I work for him for at least 2
1 C. @/ ~! H& \7 x6 N. l
6 z& i- \8 [; a* _- h, D( Ayears.
X" y0 ]) F9 l. u3 B, [
1 h# f+ J+ y7 [v; \, e+ `So, for me, I believe individuals' personality matters, after the interview, I concluded ! B) ~) V3 ?j
0 q3 S! zI0 S
that the key characteristics he want his employees to have are honesty, integrity,
% O+ j% l; \% |+ S8 ?$ D- `
1 O1 _' N: {/ T/ s9 P5 Xloyalty, desire to learn,confidentiality and responsibility. Also, it is important to : ?6 V* d2 V; J( U- I
. N- E9 B# t4 _
understand the company's background, mission and vision, and ask yourself
V2 V_; p9 W: r
8 d6 \+ z6 t- [8 u, n/ ?' R6 S' Swhether you agree with them and have the desire to help the company to reach " \) m, S( ?6 L& A# `
+ B$ u& N8 P( y. h2 ktheir goal if you consider to work for them for a long time. . {P0 Q! {6 S: p
: y" Ot! p" X1 ~
Last but not least, it is very good to have someone to give you a reference. I was
0 ]% f) x7 a* b3 X4 N4 i% w# y% v
refereed by the HR manager of my school. My boss got most of the information
$ |" ED+ [7 b5 L) m/ n5 y; Y- \7 W! j8 ^1 V# P; Y4 j
about me from him.
, X6 N, H! F' L, s+ Z9 _% x- v% _1 K" R; |" W5 P! I; j
I wish it helps. 1 C% u/ K# G7 P
; e+ Y' Y6 n, e( c7 l
Best wishes3 k, @" t. q0 W+ M& E4 ~" q) j
6 T1 S6 G" H& A7 L: g
Irene6 @3 x' g% b. ~5 d
小提示:
联系我时,请说是在澳洲论坛上看到的,谢谢!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-16 15:28:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Selina,4 T0 j) h) f/ B, I& J1 O, _0 B, p
; E/ h5 q* }8 O How are you? How is things? About my work experience recognition. Coco, after hearing my situation, offered her help. : Q# k9 ?5 [o
& H' b1 G, b8 a9 J3 B# XI was on holiday and came back last week. Recently I started working in small organisation as a Accounts Assistant Part Time. Due to the size of the company it is only few hours job per week. However I keep applying and I am getting some responses. Hope I will land in the right role soon. I am getting excited because joining level 1 training and internship was a made these changes.
" K1 j1 o0 T5 i8 ~" N
7 X! H1 }6 r- ZOne more news that I passed another 2 segments of CPA professional level, FRM and taxation with distinction. ) Y; @' C; r3 F9 K2 @
+ e. c3 DX1 }( E; s, Q
Kind Regards,2 y; D3 Q/ C6 }+ x- N
Shajan7 z, \4 N4 _; q' a; c" w4 u# [8 ^; s
小提示:
联系我时,请说是在澳洲论坛上看到的,谢谢!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-18 08:36:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Selina,! G/ V. l3 A! D3 t
9 |' }2 E5 e% t; l) r4 |Thank you very very much for doing a reference check for me. I really appreciate it.
" U/ ]7 G' z4 ]- Y3 s
1 ?9 o5 I7 ~c- o6 ag8 hI had an interview two days ago for the position of a Administration Officer at a mortgage & financial planning business. I was hired the next day (after reference check) and started work today. At current job market, networking is very important in job hunting as mentioned before in the interview tips session organized. I landed this job due to a friend's recommendation and my persistent in following up with her a few times after submitting my resume to her.% FE4 i1 I( t+ ~- W
. Z- B8 oO5 O7 o& x! d( M
During the one hour interview, the owner of the company asked some basic questions (such as my backgrounds, weaknesses, strengths) and I did a numerical test. She knew I had no background in mortgage or finance but have experience in accounting. She was impressed with my numerical skill and persistence. She has interviewed other finance/ mortgage experienced applicants too. She mentioned that positive characters and personality is what she's looking for in her staff and therefore, she's giving me the opportunity to work with her. Experience can be learned/built but personality cannot be changed. % @% J! ^' l7 g' d: i% H5 A; Y
, ^. `8 B3 n0 c/ B. c$ m1 R) dAs far as I know, she selected me because:
0 _1 D( h# X5 dF?    I was persistent and follow-up with the application
3 o# b7 Z9 |: |]* |" w?    Willing to learn and work hard7 g- B; |4 N, Y
?    Good numerical skills2 h. ?5 T' M( E4 O0 t* n
?    Made her feel that I'm reliable, loyal and trustworthy
b6 h' |; D: {7 h0 j0 ? # j2 y& {4 S# ^, S8 J
I hope it helps everyone else who is looking for a job currently. Thank you.+ B3 `3 M; ]( ^" f8 t8 `; {: d
9 m3 [. o# ]* \0 s
& u4 x' T( s) i. S0 [* T4 O$ eRegards,7 ^) C$ Y+ {8 |8 \+ I# F6 l0 p: Z
* S- r% _* D! z9 ULynzie
1 cZ! E' W1 s- N0 B
小提示:
联系我时,请说是在澳洲论坛上看到的,谢谢!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-20 08:28:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Selina,) J( Z, K7 Q. Q% Q* u9 F
I've just received the job offer from the company this afternoon and I really appreciate your help.. @6 m. G; f4 O9 B, o8 X/ p& a
The job I'm applying for is Data Entry and Contract Management. I think the reason I got the interview is thank to what I have learnt from Premier Accounting. I put internship descriptions in my resume and it becomes more attractive to employer. There was two interviewers, one was accountant and the other was manager/director of company. They asked me questions below:8 \/ u! I# `8 {5 f0 b4 H
- Tell us about yourself and what can you offer to the company# y! E) V5 l+ B8 Z/ I2 G
- What are your 3 best qualities
3 }0 }+ Y3 b( z- V# |7 Cz5 F# L- What is your dream job/ What do you want to become in the future& e5 l}* T; F7 _# n" R
- What make you want to be an accountant (although it's not position I'm applying for)2 t$ a) Q8 C/ mz
- What did you not like about your last job/internships8 T8 c5 z3 [4 z
- What did you learn during your internship
. e6 c+ W; _5 N7 e1 {- How can you demonstrate your willingness to learn...4 v- a8 j3 m" D5 B2 \' |
After that they tested my excel skills and asked me to write a short email (dealing with an angry customer) just to test my written English.
% W+ s2 \7 x: o; Z, e# M. c ; J) m8 \& f; p& V
This is just a start for me since I am aiming for the position of assistant accountant. Of course I will take this job seriously but I will also keep trying until I got that position.
6 ^2 G3 A1 k. G9 k3 Lo2 c( X: XOnce again, thank you for the reference check and I'm grateful that I did the training course with you, Coco and everyone else in Premier Accounting.; C% X% S4 w/ w
Kind regards,7 g) B& l) O$ g+ @0 F
Hannah
- E# u' U; o4 @& W4 N2 u8 F9 k
小提示:
联系我时,请说是在澳洲论坛上看到的,谢谢!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-23 08:23:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Yolanda,
7 y0 `1 e' x0 Z! K8 d+ E: y8 f- v8 h! i& ]& {8 u1 x
I have good news. :)/ N7 x% _; u# q
& T: @0 i! J, d# F' w8 a1 \9 TI got a job as a Management(Cost) Accountant. The training I had at Bly Accounting gave me so much confidence at the interview and I learnt a lot about book keeping, Tax and MYOB at Bly. I wouldn't have been confident enough to face the interview if I didn't know anything about GST or payroll or BAS. And also the interview board was impressed that I was doing an internship rather than staying at home. :)
6 {, r3 B( h' G) ^& y, Y1 y
9 M" y$ @+ C/ fI am sure what I did at Bly would be useful when I start my job next month. Also, maybe because of my previous overseas SAP working experience and CPA qualification, I was lucky enough to working in this type of large listed Company again.# _/ P- M2 j. h) d
S# X$ o8 h& _
Yolanda, I would really like to thank you, Jeff, Humam and Amy for the support you guys been given me during the training and Internships. You all were eager to answer any question any time. And all the best for Bly Accounting. " |, @. I1 I, L. @8 h6 o
1 a" H; J+ Y0 z2 J
You are doing a great job and I would recommend anyone to start their career with you guys./ J' S+ E8 m( E1 l7 L% g& @% T( J
! M0 |! ]) {+ t, g+ J% y7 z" y0 ]4 Fr4 f% {% ?- |$ C6 @9 h5 ~
Warm regards,3 N5 f! p/ s" j8 k- J, Z, A
Kumudu1 Q# X4 N& a# r0 q; y
小提示:
联系我时,请说是在澳洲论坛上看到的,谢谢!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-25 10:55:00 | 显示全部楼层
I started my Part-time Financial Accounting job this week.
6 s4 j1 a2 A- s
/ g) R- mH9 Z" R3 e9 J+ jFinally I start my accounting career now~ It took me over five years to get into it. I'd like to say thank you for everything that I learnt from Bly Accounting, and for all the support that I got from you, Jeff, Humam, Amy and Kat. ' g/ J, O6 J1 ^& |) _5 G: z- K+ O
+ S+ S7 ~" w' T% G! y, u$ o- UFor the Interview Questions, I been asked some the followings:
/ q' ?1 N( i$ A# E$ Z7 S( y* d2 s- u4 x8 g7 V& _! I
1,What is your Company's Monthly Flow and what about your daily routine job contents?
# t6 N+ S( f7 D; b% j' F' w7 n- k" ~. H2 y; q9 J
2, How you deal with Vendor and PO Issues in your current job position?0 T: M- t2 h/ k5 {7 q: w0 t* \G
( ]3 B4 i8 q5 ~) D[" d: e3, We have multi-countries and multi -currency issue, can you work in multi -cultural environment?
3 ~/ YO8 o6 C5 v8 m. d, ^; T" y3 l0 O0 H' z4 Y/ U
4, How to prepare, submit and perform reconciliations to the ATO/IRD as well as upload the bank with payment on FBT?, ?7 J7 T' U" o
3 u$ I4 j. x+ o; B$ P+ J9 a5, Do you know anything about NRWT(NZ)?
1 v1 c5 Xn3 c$ K
1 A2 z0 b/ u3 D% KAlso, I been asked about Inventory System, BAS, Prepayment and some Accrual issues. Luckily, I have been practise all these with Bly Accounting before. With Bly Accounting, I really build up my confidence for interviews, refreshed my knowledge and found my path to accounting career.
/ w% M/ ~- {4 `F- U1 j5 a' U: y% F9 |
Many thanks again, Dear Bly Accounting Team!
2 w) Y! [0 U1 q( d) N" P: I3 H
n! d* d5 u8 a3 `
6 d" g. P" |+ W0 G6 n" Z5 `+ E; Y3 c/ LL6 n
Warm regards,6 G6 Q1 e0 b9 t
; {" i" e9 Zh+ `; s. m( e( Z+ Z6 W0 @Tracey^^./ G; W) U( J! v: j; p' u5 l( B" R
小提示:
联系我时,请说是在澳洲论坛上看到的,谢谢!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-1-25 10:59:00 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Yolanda, Coco, Jeff and the team7 b1 y. A) f9 M; R8 v) ~# d' P
4 O$ W; X3 C. [6 t5 e- Q
I am glad to say that I am placed by L***** University, as Assistant Accountant Research on 7th Nov 2013. This is a significant achievement, and I thank you all for your hard working efforts in achieving my goal.
7 E' Q5 @; r% TV) G% q8 C
& ^( K" H; Q% q8 e4 k I wish to thank Yolanda again for your invaluable support, friendship, transparency and patience in preparing and conducting the training and internship program. I Thank Jeff for the interview guide which has helped me face the interview confidently. I would like to Thank Coco for the excellent Tax training I received, both the contents and standard of delivery was wonderful.
" R2 |0 D1 ^4 j5 XI like to thank Humam and Amy for helping me all the time. It has been great working with you all! Thank you very much for all your help and support!..6 J- I, t) s; aJ! D
* F9 \4 _' m$ u
Thanks $ K- v+ r7 v2 x" K! j- N6 Q+ ?

0 G% z1 F- _* NRolna Saldanha9 ?$ B4 x) T8 N9 ^' F' C7 X& n
小提示:
联系我时,请说是在澳洲论坛上看到的,谢谢!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 返回顶部 返回列表