积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2014-8-21 16:23:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
master毕业整整1个月了,投了10多份简历,除了自动回复一个消息都没有,是不是简历或者cover letter有啥致命问题。
初来乍到,对澳洲的就业环境不了解,求指点,欢迎大家积极发言,不胜感激!
先看cover letter ...
Dear Sir/Madam,
I wish to apply for the position of XXX as advertised on SEEK on dd/mm/yyyy.
I have recently completed my Master of Information Technology degree at University of XXX. Over the past two years, I have achieved number of High Distinctions and Distinctions in my core subjects including Database, .NET Application Development, .NET Enterprise Development, Research Project, Cloud Computing and Software as a Service, Business Process Design, Unix System Programming etc.
During the same peiord, I have worked as an IT Support & Software Developer (part time) for a national-wide xxx chain company since June 2012. Apart from providing excellent IT support for the company’s head office in Sydney CBD and xx branches across Sydney and Brisbane, I also developed a wonderful and reliable back-office application to import variety of day-to-day business operational data (in Microsoft Excel format) from 14 branches into a central database (MS SQL Server) in the head office. Based on imported data, the application also generates payslips for accounting team on a fortnight basis and a wide range of business reports (vis SSRS) for senior management team, branch managers and other users.
In fact, before I came to Australia in November 2011, I had worked in China for years and mainly focused on database design and development including coding in T-SQL and PL/SQL, SSIS/DTS package development, report developement (SSRS), SQL performance tuning, etc.
For more detailed information, please find my attached resume. I would appreciate the opportunity of a further possible discussion or interview. I can be contacted via my mobile phone xxx xxx xxx or email address xxx.
Yours faithfully
XXX
再看简历:
XXX XXX
Mobile: xxxx xxx xxx
Email: xxx
LinkedIn: xxx
Summary
* Having great enthusiasm for developing data-centric applications to help businesses run more efficiently and more effectively, and solve their real business problems.
* Highly experienced in both BI/DW and OLTP systems development with Microsoft technologies and approaches.
* The ability to learn business knowledge quickly.
* A dependable and flexible team player, loving to share knowledge with peers.
* Holding a long-term work visa which allows me work in full-time roles in Australia.
Key Technical Skills
* DBMS: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database.
* SQL Dialects: T-SQL, PL/SQL.
* Data Modelling: highly normalised data modelling, dimensional data modelling (the Star/Snowflake Schema).
* Approaches & Methodologies: Kimball's Approach and Methodology, Layered/Tiered Application Development, Agile Application Development, etc.
* Framework, Patterns & Programming Languages: .NET Framework, C#, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, WinForms, WPF, MVVM, ASP.NET, WebForms, MVC, JavaScript, HTML, etc.
* Others: Excel, etc.
Work Experience
06/2012 – 07/2014 | XXX | Sydney CBD
Title: IT Support & Software Developer (Part Time)
Responsibilities:
* Provided excellent IT support for the head office and xx branches in Sydney and xxx.
* Developed and maintained wonderful and reliable software to import variety of day-to-day business operational data (in Microsoft Excel format) from xx branches into a central database (SQL Server) deployed in the head office, generate payslips for accounting team on a fortnight basis, and a wide range of business reports (via SSRS) for senior management team, branch managers and other users.
07/2010 – 10/2011 | XXX | Beijing
Title: Software Engineer
Responsibilities:
* Worked in a fantastic software development team maintaining number of closely related products deployed in more than 280 large xxx over the world.
* Mainly focused on the implementation of those products at database side where almost all business logic was implemented, including issue and risk investigation, bug fix, the implementation of change requests, performance tunning, code review, etc.
* Provided level 3 support to help customers solve system problems.
* Organised and conducted training programs for new team members.
* Provided assistance to other teams to solve database related issues.
12/2009 – 06/2010 | XXX | Beijing
Title: Senior Consultant (BI/DW)
Responsibilities:
* Worked on-site in a very large banking system project for a non-state-owned commercial bank in Beijing.
* Mainly focused on ETL implementation in one of core components of the system, which integrates data from number of banking systems to a back-end engine for its following process.
04/2008 – 12/2009 | XXX | Beijing
Title:  Consultant (BI/DW)
Responsibilities:
* Worked on-site with a large accounting team in their 3 financial ETL projects for one of the world's leading telecommunication solution provider in South China.
* Mainly focused on ETL design and implementation based on business requirements gained in massive discussion with clients.
* Transferred and shared business knowledge to other team members, particularly new team members.
* Deployed and maintained software version control system for 2 of 3 above projects.
* Also worked as a SQL Server technical support in a large government project to assist a third-party Java development team to migrate the underlying database platform from Oracle10g to SQL Server 2008.
04/2007 – 01/2008 | XXX | Beijing
Title: Senior Software Engineer (BI/DW)
Responsibilities:
* Worked in a large Microsoft's BI/DW project which was one of the top 10 largest BI/DW projects (in terms of data volume) in China in 2007.
* Mainly focused on ETL implementation and maintenance with DTS and SSIS, plus some exposures to cube maintenance (SSAS).
* Took much responsibility for introducing a well-designed metadata-based ETL tool (developed by Microsoft IT with SSIS) to later BI/DW projects.
Educational Qualifications
* Master of Information Technology (July 2014)
    Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
    University of XXX, Australia
* Bachelor of Engineering in Computer and Application (July 1998)
    Department of Computer Science and Engineering
    XXX University, China

上一篇:关于salary sacrifice super的问题
下一篇:也谈澳洲报关员

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2014-8-21 16:30:51 | 显示全部楼层

大家帮我看看,简历投出去没有回应,潜意识里感觉肯定是哪里出问题了!
自己顶
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2014-8-21 17:02:35 | 显示全部楼层

才一个月,才10几份,别太心急了。以前找工作的时候都是1天10几份的投,投了2,3个月才有机会面试。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2014-8-21 17:30:08 | 显示全部楼层

同意楼上的, 我投了快100份才找到的工作
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

初入江湖

积分
发表于 2014-8-21 17:32:39 | 显示全部楼层

You should mention how your skills can contribute to the company, what you can do for the position and the company, rather than blabla what you know how you grow up what you have done
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

正式会员

积分
发表于 2014-8-21 17:40:23 | 显示全部楼层

看内容:LZ的skills已经很不错了,英文writing也是很好的。相信你找到工作的概率非常大。
以下是我的建议:
Profile,最好有。
Achievements,一定要有,并且写的吸引人。
Experience的format可以改一下。
Cover letter 的内容不大符合AU Marketing strategy,可以换个方式。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-8-21 17:41:16 | 显示全部楼层

楼主是98年大学毕业么?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

正式会员

积分
发表于 2014-8-21 17:41:59 | 显示全部楼层

我也是在找工作,这些都是Skillmax课程上学到的,有几个同学都找到工作了。
我个人还是很认可skillmax,推荐!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2014-8-21 18:13:42 | 显示全部楼层

echoxyz 发表于 2014-8-21 17:32

You should mention how your skills can contribute to the company, what you can do for the position a ...

有道理,以前在国内写简历的老习惯,只说自己过去干的,看来得改了。
谢谢你的建议。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2014-8-21 18:15:25 | 显示全部楼层

青冥揽日 发表于 2014-8-21 17:40

看内容:LZ的skills已经很不错了,英文writing也是很好的。相信你找到工作的概率非常大。