官方微信 手机客户端

澳洲ABC

搜索
查看: 2063|回复: 31

[育儿经验] 【更新 19-09-2014】我给Department of Education and Communities写的email - 分享给希望投诉cc的家长 也

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

江湖老手

积分
发表于 2014-10-1 13:26:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 sunrongsz 于 2014-9-19 22:17 编辑
--------------------------------------------更新-----------------------------------------------------
过了好久都把这件事给忘记了,这周接到一个miss call,打回去才知道是Department of Education and Communities打给我了解情况的,基本上核实了一下我信上的内容,告诉我centre没有把我的complaint转到DEC去,这是不对的,她说从她的感觉上来说这个centre的确存在一些问题,所以决定要派人去临时抽查一下她们的情况,到时候可能还需要向我了解一些情况。感谢我提供的信息。云云。。。
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
有点长,希望大家有耐心。我把我儿子的名字去掉了,都以my son代替,有点怪怪的,请见谅。
Dear Sir or Madam,
I would like to inform you about my experience with my son's child care centre. Due to my work time, my parents were mainly in charge of dropping off/picking up my son. I've heard from them in many occasions that they felt staff members in my son's room (2-3 year old room) were not friendly and they were ignored possibly because they couldn't speak English.
On Wednesday 16th July 2014, I took my son to Croydon Oral Health Clinic for his dental appointment. Then around 10:45am, I sent my son to the child care centre. When we arrived, I only saw one educator in the classroom with 10 other children (exclude my son). I asked the educator why she was on her own. She said one was outside with some children and another one was in the office doing paperwork. I served my son his morning tea and other children came to talk to me. I saw a child with running nose and I asked him to get a tissue paper. The educator heard me but did not respond. A girl came up to me and handed me an empty water bottle. I asked her if she wanted more water. She said yes. I asked the educator whether I can get water for this girl. She told me that the water is in the kitchen. So I had to leave the room and get water for the girl. When I returned, I saw another educator in the room with her paperwork. So I called the girl and gave her the water bottle. Then I left to work. I believe the centre was out of ratio for the period from 10:45am to 10:55am.
In this case, I think the centre did not follow the following NQS:
Element 2.1.1 Each child’s health needs are supported.
Element 2.1.3 Effective hygiene practices are promoted and implemented.
Element 4.1.1 Educator-to-child ratios and qualification requirements are maintained at all times.
On Tuesday 22th July 2014, my husband and I went to the centre to pick up my son around 4:10pm. When we arrived at the gate, we saw my son from outside the gate. He ran towards us and we found out that he had running nose. There were 2 educators within 2 metres of him but neither of them realized this. We had to get tissue paper and wipe his nose outside the gate for him. After we went inside, I checked the daily reflection book. However, it hasn't been updated yet. It was showing the Monday's reflection. I checked my son's portfolio, it was still untouched since last parent interview, which was 12th June 2014. It means that his portfolio was not updated for June and July. We went to get his bag and he asked for water bottle, which was in the class. It should be outside when the children were playing outside. (I made a request before in regards to encourage my son to drink more water throughout the day.) I then was going to go outside to sign him out. I saw a boy walked into the room from the toilet by himself. I asked him why you were here by yourself. He looked puzzled and did not respond. I walked outside and passed the two educators. None of them said hi to me or made any eye contact. I felt as if I was transparent to them. They were talking to each other right next to me. I then returned to the room with my son. They didn't say bye to me or my son. There was no communication for my son's day during the whole pick up. We went home feeling unwelcomed. When my son got out of the car, he touched his bottom and said 'hurt hurt' in Mandarin. I checked his nappy and the poo was dried already and it stuck in his bottom. I was very upset and I called the centre. I talked with the room leader and I was told that his last nappy change was at 2:25pm. I said there should be someone check his nappy at least every 30 minutes rather than wait for 2 hours to check. She just said they were outside and she didn't smell anything.
In this case, I think the centre did not follow the following NQS:
Element 2.1.1 Each child’s health needs are supported.
Element 2.1.3 Effective hygiene practices are promoted and implemented.
Element 2.3.1 Children are adequately supervised at all times.
Element 6.1.3 Current information about the service is available to families.
I made complaints to director Mandy and she was somehow defensive at first and she apologized afterwards and said she will bring the issues to staff meetings. I have given the centre 4 weeks notice to withdrawal my son because I feel that my son has not been taken good care of and the centre practices need to be improved according to NQS. I write this mail to you because I feel that I have responsibility to other children in the service.

上一篇:新手妈妈求教宝宝黄疸问题
下一篇:有沒有寶寶白天晚上都睡的好的?

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-10-1 14:08:44 | 显示全部楼层

写的很好阿,发了再打个电话follow up, 确认拿到reference no,跟政府部门打交道打电话最有效。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

江湖老手

积分
发表于 2014-10-1 14:16:13 | 显示全部楼层

豆汁小鼓 发表于 2014-7-28 20:19

写的很好阿,发了再打个电话follow up, 确认拿到reference no,跟政府部门打交道打电话最有效。 ...

好的,谢谢你的建议。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-10-1 15:37:50 | 显示全部楼层

学习了。估计以后用得着
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2014-10-1 16:58:54 | 显示全部楼层

加油 这个center好差劲啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

初入江湖

积分
发表于 2014-10-1 17:23:11 | 显示全部楼层

学习了!丁丁妈好样的!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

初入江湖

积分
发表于 2014-10-1 17:33:04 | 显示全部楼层

你的英文真棒。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

初入江湖

积分
发表于 2014-10-1 19:12:36 | 显示全部楼层

楼主学Child care的么?这个幼儿园算是比较一般的。
赞成楼主投诉,希望知道投诉的结果。
不过实际情况就是如此,又得看孩子,又得写paper work,还有很多的清洁整理工作。小孩子不出什么大问题就行了。不会像child care书上写的那么美好的。
不过跟家长不打招呼,这个有点过了。无论孩子在幼儿园怎样,家长在的时候还是要装装脸面的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

初入江湖

积分
发表于 2014-10-1 19:45:46 | 显示全部楼层

而且还有一个问题,给楼主提醒一下。就算工作比较忙,没时间接送。
每周最好还是要跟老师谈谈的,起码让老师知道,你很关心孩子在幼儿园的情况。
否则你想,你给老师的印象是,你都不关心,老师又有那么的孩子。怎么会主动跟你提呢。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

江湖老手

积分
发表于 2014-10-1 21:21:41 | 显示全部楼层

因为要退园所以索性投诉么?我觉得好像除了孩子单独一人这个例子,其他很平常呢。话说我儿子也有过两次单独的时候被别孩子抓伤。不过我觉得投诉去教育部意义不会太大,大都不了了之。楼主回来更新一下啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 返回顶部 返回列表